Carpooling helps beat gridlock and more!
Meet Commander Carpool
The leader of the team, Commander Carpool excels at laying out strategies and is always there to make sure that the other members of Team RideFinders never forget the importance of their mission. He is highly respected and reliable; the Commander has the reputation of being one who gets the job done, no matter what, and his Teammates are proud to follow his lead. Although Transit Titan may have the most muscle, the COmmander is no push over and always maintains a stiff upper lip. He will never fail to point people in the right direction. What more can you ask from a good leader?
SAVE money. REDUCE vehicle emissions. PROTECT the environment.
JOIN COMMANDER CARPOOL AND LET US MATCH YOU TO A CARPOOL TODAY!
Carpooling consists of two or more persons sharing the ride together in a vehicle to and from work or for leisure. RideFinders offers real-time ridematching with interested commuters in your area that share similar work locations and hours. Register here. When you register, you will create a commuter profile to find carpool and vanpool matches and other smart commute options specifically designed for your commute. If you don't find a carpooling buddy immediately, don't give up. More commuters are joining RideFinders every day. You will receive e-mail updates about potential matches as others enroll.
CARPOOL TIPS FOR COMMUTERS DURING COVID-19:
The carpool tips were created and adapted using guidelines and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT), state and local recommendations. Click here to download the Carpool Tips for Commuters flyer.
- Stay home if you are sick. Take a sick day or work from home.
- Limit carpool size. This will help create as much physical distance as possible in the car by having no more than one person per row of seats.
- Wear face coverings while in the vehicle.
- Limit physical contact. Sit diagonally from each other.
- Reduce exposure. Make efforts to ride with the same person(s) each day.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly such as door frame/handles, windows and seatbelt buckles.
- Limit touching frequently touched surfaces such door frame/handles, windows and seatbelt buckles.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol before and after carpooling.
- Use touchless payment when applicable.
- Ask the driver to improve the ventilation in the vehicle if possible — for example, by opening the windows or setting the air ventilation/air conditioning on non-recirculation mode.
HOW DO I GET MY CARPOOL MATCHES?
- Register. It only takes a few minutes!
- Or call 804-643-7433.
- When you call, have the following information ready: Name, complete home and work telephone numbers and addresses with zip codes, employer's name, and work hours.
IT'S FREE TO FIND A MATCH.
Our carpool matching services are free of charge; however, when you join a carpool there may be costs involved such as gas, parking, and tolls. Many carpoolers who share the driving don't exchange money. Other carpools share the cost of driving. These arrangements are up to the individuals in the carpool.
BENEFITS OF CARPOOLING:
- Economical. Save money on commuting expenses including gas, tolls, and parking.
- Eco-friendly. Improve air quality by reducing vehicle emissions.
- Flexible. Carpool everyday or three days a week. Choose the option that works best for you.
- Convenient. The Emergency Ride Home program provides a safety net in the event of an emergency or having to work late for registered commuters who carpool at least three days a week.
CARPOOLING IS FLEXIBILE. YOU CHOOSE WHICH OPTION WORKS FOR YOU AND YOUR FELLOW CARPOOLERS:
- Short- or long-term carpooling
- Two or three days a week
- Carpool every day
DRIVING ARRANGEMENTS DEPEND ON THE INDIVIDUAL CARPOOL.
Share the driving/riding. In some cases, carpoolers take turns doing the driving in his/her own car.
Driver only. Some carpools have one main driver and the others are only passengers.
Rider only. Specify that you wish to join a carpool as a passenger only.
Commander Carpool SM, Mrs. Match SM, and Team Ridefinders SM thank you for carpooling!
HELP RIDEFINDERS SHOW CENTRAL VIRGINIA THAT ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION WORKS!