What Can I Do?
TWELVE "GREEN" STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO BECOME A FAN OF CLEAN AIR (QUALITY) HERO
An Air Quality Action Day is forecast when warm temperatures and sunlight combine with vehicle and industrial emissions to form unhealthy ground-level ozone!
- Limit your driving. Carpool, vanpool, walk or bike to work or school. (links to individual pages)
- Try transit. Ride GRTC buses and the trip planner.
- Telework. Visit www.teleworkva.org.
- Use hand-powered or electric lawn equipment.
- Park your car and walk inside to avoid idling your car in drive-thrus. Idling pollutes more than stopping and re-starting your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle properly tuned.
- Buy gasoline in the evening. Refueling in the evening decreases ground-level ozone pollution.
- Combine errands for fewer trips.
- Bring your lunch to work or walk to get lunch!
- Call RideFinders at 643-7433 to set up your special rideshare arrangement for Air Quality Action Days (Code Orange and Code Red). Find me a carpool or vanpool match!
- Download the RideFinders Mobile app to check daily forecast every day of the year.
- Take the Air Quality Awareness pledge.