What Can I Do?
TEN "GREEN" STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO BE AN AIR QUALITY HERO
An Air Quality Action Day is forecast when warm temperatures and sunlight combine with vehicle and industrial emissions to form unhealthy ground-level ozone!
- Limit your driving. Carpool, vanpool, walk or bike to work or school. (links to individual pages)
- Use GRTC buses and the trip planner.
- Telework. Visit www.teleworkva.org.
- Use hand-powered or electric lawn equipment.
- Park your car and walk inside to avoid idling your car in drive-thrus.
- Keep your vehicle properly tuned.
- Buy gasoline in the afternoon or evening.
- Combine errands for fewer trips.
- Bring your lunch to work or walk to get lunch!
- Call RideFinders at 643-7433 to set up your special rideshare arrangement for Air Quality Action Days (Code Orange and Code Red). Find me a carpool or vanpool match!
- Download the RideFinders Mobile app to check daily forecast every day of the year.
- Take the Air Quality Awareness Week pledge.