RideFinders Executive Director to Retire
Nov 16, 2023
It is bittersweet that we announce the retirement of our Executive Director, Von Tisdale, on November 29, 2023. For 26 years, she has been an integral part of RideFinders, leading us with unwavering dedication and commitment. Her leadership has been the driving force behind several successful initiatives, including the first-ever Try Transit Day event in partnership with GRTC, expansion of our Commuter Store product line, opening two short-term satellite offices: Chesterfield Towne Center and Petersburg Area Transit Center, implementing the City of Richmond Employee Trip Program, initiating the bike racks on buses in the Rack N’ Ride Campaign and countless accomplishments and community partnerships.
Some of her other accomplishments included:
- The launch of RideFinders first Mobile App in 2014.
- Began acceptance of credit cards for customer purchases and began to sell EZ Passes in the Commuter Store.
- Garnered over 53 industry and non-industry awards during her tenure to include national, regional and local. Notably, one of only two TDM agencies nationwide to be awarded the Environmental Protection Agency Clean Air Excellence Award in the Transportation Efficiency Innovations category.
- Secured an exclusive provider for the Emergency Ride Home Program who allocated a 10% discount for ALL trips.
- Assisted over 42 area businesses in establishing formal Telework programs during the Telework!VA program.
She served as Director of Specialized Transportation at GRTC for two years (2006-2008) before returning to RideFinders in 2008. During her time there, C-VAN received an award for the “Route to Excellence Training Program” from the National Transit Institute developed under her guidance.
She served on the Petersburg Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, on the VTA Executive Committee, and Secretary of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) Richmond Chapter, Treasurer of the Chesapeake Chapter of the Association for Commuter Transportation.
We cannot thank her enough for her financial stewardship, servant leadership, and for being an inspiration to all of us. Her contributions to RideFinders and GRTC will never be forgotten, and we will always cherish the memories of her tenure with us. As she embarks on a new journey in her retirement, we wish her all the best.